See our complete kosher travel package to South Africa with great accommodations and activities, for couples and families of all sizes.
UPCOMING TRIP : AUGUST 1 – AUGUST 8, 2023
Join Us on the Trip of a Lifetime!
Astonishing exotic and utterly compelling, South Africa is a country of breathtaking natural beauty with a unique heritage.South Africa is one of the best known safari destinations in Africa and arguably the best best place on the continent for up close sightings of the Big 5 animals (lion, leopard, rhino, buffalo and elephant).
5-Star Hotels with Full Spa & Pool
24 Hour Tea Room
3 Minyonim Daily
3 Delicious Glatt Kosher Meals Daily
Supervision by Av Beth Din
Our tour starts off with a 3 night stay in 1 of the most luxurious 5-star game reserves. Every morning we will go out on game drives with the open jeeps and safari guides. During the days our tour will also visit Lesedi Village, Lion Park and Sun City. We will have game drives in the afternoon as well followed by dinner.
We will spend Shabbos in the heart of Johannesburg Jewish community with the renowned Chazzan and Choir. Home to an estimated 55,000 Jews, it is also South Africa’s largest center of Jewish life. While the Jews of Johannesburg comprise just 1% of the city’s population, they account for approximately two-thirds of South African Jewry. The vast majority of the Jewish population is descended from Jews from Lithuania. The Johannesburg Jewish community, like most of South African Jewry, is nominally Orthodox. Despite a steady population decline beginning in the 1970s, the large number of Jewish institutions, including religious centers and kosher restaurants, has helped Johannesburg maintain a relatively large and active Jewish community.
Cape Town is a port city on South Africa’s southwest coast, on a peninsula beneath the imposing Table Mountain. Slowly rotating cable cars climb to the mountain’s flat top, from which there are sweeping views of the city, the busy harbor and boats heading for Robben Island, the notorious prison that once held Nelson Mandela, which is now a living museum.
Kirstenbosch is an important botanical garden nestled at the eastern foot of Table Mountain in Cape Town. The beautiful Boulders Beach is one of Cape Town’s most visited beaches and the only place in the world where you get close to African Penguins.Our tour visits all the must see attractions to ensure that you have an unforgettable experience.
Keeping kosher in Johannesburg, South Africa really isn’t as hard as you would think. Due to the large Jewish community (around 70,000) there is a range of restaurants and every supermarket stocks some kind of kosher products. It is also important to know that there is only one Beth Din in South Africa, and that it is quite strict so if it bears the ‘BD’ stamp, it is definitely kosher.
Feel free to email us for more detailed information. As this is the 4th year that we are offering this amazing trip to South Africa you can be sure that it will be an experience to remember.
Departure | Tuesday August 1 2021
- Departure to Cape Town
Day 1 | Wednesday August 2
- Arrival to Cape Town
- Check in to the 5 Star Luxurious
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel an oasis of calm within Cape Town’s beating heart.
- Welcome Dinner
Day 2 | Thursday August 3
- Shacris at the Garden Shul the oldest
Jewish congregation in South Africa
followed by breakfast at the Garden
- Boat ride to Sea Lion island at Hout
Bay explore the see lion “rock” up close.
- Visit the Penguins at Boulders Beach a true magical experience. The penguin colony is one of the few places in the world where African penguins can be observed at close range. Get ready for great photo opts
- Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope located on the southern tip of South Africa. Cape Point falls within the Cape
Floral Region, a World Heritage Site.
- Chapman’s Peak one of the most
spectacular marine drives in the world
Day 3 | Friday August 4
- Shacris and Breakfast at the Garden Shul & Cafe
- Table Mountain Aerial Cableway. The best views of Cape Town are seen from the top of Table Mountain. The Cableway takes you to the summit in
under 5 minutes and the cable car’s rotating floor ensure that all visitors get a 360 degree aerial view of the city
- Lunch at the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden. The grounds are stunning, with wild-flowers and indigenous flora growing in abundance. Hike to the swinging
bridge for a magnificent view from above.
- Erev Shabbos toameah and prepations for an unforgetable Shabbos. Candle lighting 7:30.
Day 4 | Shabbos August 5
- Spend Shabbos in the heart of the Cape Town Jewish community with renowned Chazan Choni Goldman and Choir.
- Rabbi Ushi Feldman will join us for the Shabbos meals, he will give us a little insight into the life of the Jews living in South Africa today, and the history over the past 50 years.
- Walking city tour through the Jewish Cape Town communities and Shuls.
- Shabbos ends at 8:40
- Melava Malka with illusionist Elan Smith
Day 5 | Sunday August 6
- Shacris & Breakfast at the Garden Shul/Cafe
- Helicopter Tour over the Cape Town Peninsula
- V& A Waterfront and Shops
- Flight to Johannesburg
- Tour the Jewish community in Johannesburg, visit the kosher local shops and shuls.
- Dinner at RTG Steakhouse
- Head out to the Safari
- Check in to the Palace of the Lost City Grand Hotel at Sun City. A legendary destination designed by dreamers for luxury-seekers
Day 6 | Monday August 7
- Early morning game drive through the Pilansburg Safari. As you begin your first game drive in the cool of the early morning when the animals are most active get your cameras and binoculars ready.
- Shacris & breakfast in the Plume Restaurant
- Ride your own ATV Quad bikes and join our tour guides as they navigates us through the Safari for an unforgettable experience. Prepare to get up close and dirty.
- Afternoon Safari game drive. Once the sun starts to set and the temperature begins to drop the animals will once again resume their walks.
- Dinner with an authentic African Band
Day 7 | Tuesday August 8
- Early morning and final game drive. Last chance to look out for those “Big Five” animals
- Shacris & breakfast in the Plume Restaurant followed by hotel check out.
- Lion Park is touted as the largest breeding ground for lions. We will ride in the open chain link fenced bus for an up close encounter with the worlds largest lion and cheetah families.
- Lesedi Cultral African Village where they still live as traditional Zulu tribes
- Visit Soweto and the Nelson Mandela Museum
- Dinner and head to the airport for the flight back home.
Get Started Today!
To get started, please email email@example.com and include:
- The trip you're interested in:
- Vietnam & Thailand February 5–14, 2023
- South Africa August 1–7, 2023
- Your name
- Your phone number
- The number of children and adults in your party
- Any other questions.